EPA, Commerce Launch Online Environmental Toolkit
The Environmental Solutions Toolkit links EPA regulations and environmental analysis to US providers of related services, providing other countries a broad perspective on the US approach to environmental issues, the agencies say. The toolkit includes a series of interactive menus, search functionality, and adaptive formatting to allow for a range of mobile uses. Users can select an environmental issue — from emissions control from large marine diesel engines to mercury emissions control from power plants — and view related EPA rules, solutions and US service providers.
Michelle DePass, EPA assistant administrator for international and tribal affairs, says sharing the EPA’s expertise on solving environmental challenges with the global community will make it easier to move environmental protection efforts from concepts to reality.
The EPA and Commerce are working together to support the US government’s environmental export initiative, promoting American environmental technology in the global marketplace. The toolkit will help strengthen environmental and human health protection efforts around the world while boosting job creation and economic activity in the US, the EPA says.
The US environmental products and services sector generates about $312 billion in annual revenues and employs some 1.7 million workers, according to Department of Commerce statistics.
Late last month, Honest Buildings announced it secured $5.5 million in Series-A financing to expand its online green building tool, HB Match. The online platform pairs building owners with qualified building professionals, providing services providers with a place to create free, online portfolios of their work, and producing detailed evaluations of these companies based on the project criteria of real estate decision-makers in search of specialists.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment