BioPreferred Label: Back in Business
USDA launched the voluntary labeling program for biobased industrial and commercial products in 2011, but stopped processing applications in January due to a lack of funding. In the meantime, the 900 existing BioPreferred certifications in 89 categories remained valid. Now it appears companies can once again seek BioPreferred certification for their products. The news may help to maintain momentum in the bioplastics market, where North America has lagged behind Europe, South America and Asia.
For more on biobased and biodegradable products, see the complementary EL Insights Green Plastics report.
Tamar Wilner is Senior Editor at Environmental Leader PRO.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves