BioPreferred Label: Back in Business
USDA launched the voluntary labeling program for biobased industrial and commercial products in 2011, but stopped processing applications in January due to a lack of funding. In the meantime, the 900 existing BioPreferred certifications in 89 categories remained valid. Now it appears companies can once again seek BioPreferred certification for their products. The news may help to maintain momentum in the bioplastics market, where North America has lagged behind Europe, South America and Asia.
For more on biobased and biodegradable products, see the complementary EL Insights Green Plastics report.
Tamar Wilner is Senior Editor at Environmental Leader PRO.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market