BioPreferred Label: Back in Business
USDA launched the voluntary labeling program for biobased industrial and commercial products in 2011, but stopped processing applications in January due to a lack of funding. In the meantime, the 900 existing BioPreferred certifications in 89 categories remained valid. Now it appears companies can once again seek BioPreferred certification for their products. The news may help to maintain momentum in the bioplastics market, where North America has lagged behind Europe, South America and Asia.
For more on biobased and biodegradable products, see the complementary EL Insights Green Plastics report.
Tamar Wilner is Senior Editor at Environmental Leader PRO.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council