Smart Meter Installation Behind Target
Low market penetration and insufficient investments are the main reasons why the EU has not progressed with its ambitious target of 80 percent market coverage for smart meters by 2020, reports EurActive.com.
It says many member states have yet to be convinced about the value of smart meters. About 15 percent to 18 percent of households across the EU have smart meters but market penetration is much lower in new member states in Central Europe, according to EurActiv.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Getting Serious About Energy Metrics
- Honeywell Smart Building Technology Uses ‘Tablet-Like’ Visualization
- Micro Wind Turbines Top Intel Headquarters
- Neon LED Strip Light Prevents Dangers of Actual Neon Light
- Framingham Saves $380,000 per Year with ESPC
- FlexEnergy Commissions Multiple 250 KW Gas Turbines in Seoul
- Corporations Rally to Streamline Renewable Energy Procurement
- Solar Trees Provide Shade, Electricity, EV Charging