Smart Meter Installation Behind Target
Low market penetration and insufficient investments are the main reasons why the EU has not progressed with its ambitious target of 80 percent market coverage for smart meters by 2020, reports EurActive.com.
It says many member states have yet to be convinced about the value of smart meters. About 15 percent to 18 percent of households across the EU have smart meters but market penetration is much lower in new member states in Central Europe, according to EurActiv.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B