Smart Meter Installation Behind Target
Low market penetration and insufficient investments are the main reasons why the EU has not progressed with its ambitious target of 80 percent market coverage for smart meters by 2020, reports EurActive.com.
It says many member states have yet to be convinced about the value of smart meters. About 15 percent to 18 percent of households across the EU have smart meters but market penetration is much lower in new member states in Central Europe, according to EurActiv.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs