Smart Meter Installation Behind Target
Low market penetration and insufficient investments are the main reasons why the EU has not progressed with its ambitious target of 80 percent market coverage for smart meters by 2020, reports EurActive.com.
It says many member states have yet to be convinced about the value of smart meters. About 15 percent to 18 percent of households across the EU have smart meters but market penetration is much lower in new member states in Central Europe, according to EurActiv.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike