Holiday Inn Installs LED Lighting
After replacing flourescent lighting with MaxLite dimmable LED lighting panels, a Holiday Inn hotel in Columbia, Md., will save 764,200 kWh of energy, and $91,704 in energy and maintenance over the lifetime of the newly installed products, according to MaxLite.
After changing hotel ownership, the hotel underwent a significant renovation. Installer Shane Hresko suggested to general manager Jack Warner that the hotel should make a switch to energy efficient lighting for the hotel’s meeting spaces. Hresko brought samples of MaxLite’s LED Flat Panels with dimming capabilities, which impressed Warner and convinced him to make the switch, MaxLite says.
Read more at Energy Management Today.
Energy Manager News
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales