Holiday Inn Installs LED Lighting
After replacing flourescent lighting with MaxLite dimmable LED lighting panels, a Holiday Inn hotel in Columbia, Md., will save 764,200 kWh of energy, and $91,704 in energy and maintenance over the lifetime of the newly installed products, according to MaxLite.
After changing hotel ownership, the hotel underwent a significant renovation. Installer Shane Hresko suggested to general manager Jack Warner that the hotel should make a switch to energy efficient lighting for the hotel’s meeting spaces. Hresko brought samples of MaxLite’s LED Flat Panels with dimming capabilities, which impressed Warner and convinced him to make the switch, MaxLite says.
Read more at Energy Management Today.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool