Holiday Inn Installs LED Lighting
After replacing flourescent lighting with MaxLite dimmable LED lighting panels, a Holiday Inn hotel in Columbia, Md., will save 764,200 kWh of energy, and $91,704 in energy and maintenance over the lifetime of the newly installed products, according to MaxLite.
After changing hotel ownership, the hotel underwent a significant renovation. Installer Shane Hresko suggested to general manager Jack Warner that the hotel should make a switch to energy efficient lighting for the hotel’s meeting spaces. Hresko brought samples of MaxLite’s LED Flat Panels with dimming capabilities, which impressed Warner and convinced him to make the switch, MaxLite says.
Read more at Energy Management Today.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array