VRTX’s Wireless System Provides Remote Cooling Tower Maintenance
The web-based V-SURE remote monitoring system automatically and instantly provides operational feedback and alerts when parameters change or service may be required. This streamlines operations and maintenance of cooling towers and evaporative condensers, the company says.
VRTX’s patented mechanical cooling water treatment systems combine controlled hydrodynamic cavitation with filtration to control scale, corrosion and bacteria across a broad spectrum of water quality levels, all without the need for hazardous chemicals. These systems can help companies meet sustainability goals by reducing their water and energy use, VRTX says.
V-SURE’s GSM cell phone modem interfaces with a skid-mounted programmable logic controller that automates the system’s operation while continually monitoring performance, based on customizable parameters. V-SURE can communicate with, and monitor, a VRTX system independent of a customer’s network. System data is made available via a secure web portal enabling users to view current and historical system performance anytime and from anywhere.
If an alarm condition occurs, V-SURE alerts VRTX personnel who acknowledge the alarm, verify the issue and insure timely resolution. VRTX personnel can trouble shoot and repair many issues remotely, minimizing the need for intervention by a customer’s on-site team, the company says. This means customers like Bama Companies can monitor the mechanical condenser water treatment system performance in its plants from anywhere in the world and don’t have to wait for a service person to visit its Tulsa facility, says Albert Carder, Bama director of refrigeration.
Communication to and from V-SURE is encrypted. Multiple access levels assure only authorized users can perform monitoring or tasks within the system.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending April 29, 2016
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- Xcel Energy Files to Refund $15M to Colorado Electric Customers
- New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform