Schneider Electric Offers $5 Billion for Invensys
Franceâ€™s Schneider Electric is in talks to buy Britainâ€™s Invensys for $5 billion. Invensys shares rose on the news, but some investors hope for a counterbid, possibly from Emerson Electric, General Electric, or ABB, reports Bloomberg.
Invensys operates in more than 180 countries and employs more than 16,500 people. The energy management and controls software company is known for its widely used Wonderware software. In May, Invensys sold its railroad unit to Germanyâ€™s Siemens, making it a more attractive takeover target.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works