Schneider Electric Offers $5 Billion for Invensys
France‚Äôs Schneider Electric is in talks to buy Britain‚Äôs Invensys for $5 billion. Invensys shares rose on the news, but some investors hope for a counterbid, possibly from Emerson Electric, General Electric, or ABB, reports Bloomberg.
Invensys operates in more than 180 countries and employs more than 16,500 people. The energy management and controls software company is known for its widely used Wonderware software. In May, Invensys sold its railroad unit to Germany‚Äôs Siemens, making it a more attractive takeover target.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court‚Äôs Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy‚Äôs Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem