Schneider Electric Offers $5 Billion for Invensys
France‚Äôs Schneider Electric is in talks to buy Britain‚Äôs Invensys for $5 billion. Invensys shares rose on the news, but some investors hope for a counterbid, possibly from Emerson Electric, General Electric, or ABB, reports Bloomberg.
Invensys operates in more than 180 countries and employs more than 16,500 people. The energy management and controls software company is known for its widely used Wonderware software. In May, Invensys sold its railroad unit to Germany‚Äôs Siemens, making it a more attractive takeover target.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations
- ASHRAE Proposes ‚ÄúBackbone‚ÄĚ for Building Rating Programs
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University‚Äôs Microgrid