Schneider Electric Offers $5 Billion for Invensys
Franceâ€™s Schneider Electric is in talks to buy Britainâ€™s Invensys for $5 billion. Invensys shares rose on the news, but some investors hope for a counterbid, possibly from Emerson Electric, General Electric, or ABB, reports Bloomberg.
Invensys operates in more than 180 countries and employs more than 16,500 people. The energy management and controls software company is known for its widely used Wonderware software. In May, Invensys sold its railroad unit to Germanyâ€™s Siemens, making it a more attractive takeover target.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016