Standards & Compliance Briefing: Lead in Baby Food, Clif Bar Lawsuit
A California judge said that Gerber, Smucker’s, Dole and more than a dozen other manufacturers do not need to place Proposition 65 warnings on baby food containing small amounts of lead. In a preliminary ruling, Judge Steven Brick said all the products are below the regulatory “safe harbor” exposure level, the San Francisco Chronicle reports. A final ruling is expected in the next few weeks.
San Francisco Public Utilities Commission’s 13-story, $147 million headquarters has achieved LEED Platinum certification. The offices feature a building-integrated blackwater treatment system and façade-integrated wind turbines and solar photovoltaic panels that generate up to 7 percent of the building’s energy needs.
in eight key parameters across the product lifecycle, including sourcing, water conservation, energy and recycling. These requirements are based on the NSF/ANSI 336 standard for the sustainability of commercial furnishings.
Canadian Solar announced that its subsidiary Canadian Solar Manufacturing Ontario has received ISO 14001 environmental management and OHSAS 18001 health and safety management system certifications from TUV Rheinland. Canadian Solar’s Guelph, Ontario plant is the largest solar module manufacturing facility in Canada.
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport in Austin, Texas, received LEED Gold designation for its ground transportation staging area – a former rental car building where cabs and shuttles pick up and drop off passengers. The area reduces emissions by preventing drivers from sitting idle, and the building’s energy use is offset 50 percent with solar power, the ABIA said.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform