Standards & Compliance Briefing: ISO 50001, 14001; LEED; NSF/ANSI
Dalkia says it is the first energy services company in France to receive ISO 50001 certification for energy management. The award of this standard covers more than 27,000 installations managed by Dalkia in France.
Zuari Cement’s grinding centre near Chennai, India has been certified under ISO 14001 for environmental management. The plant has a capacity of one million tons.
Energy Future Holdings, the parent company of utilities Luminant and TXU Energy, has achieved LEED Silver Certification for its Mesquite Data Center near Dallas. As part of the project, hundreds of servers and inefficient cabling that consumed large amounts of electricity were sent to salvage or eliminated and replaced with virtualized equipment.
The Sharonville Convention Center near Cincinnati has been awarded LEED Silver certification. The renovated building maximized the reuse of existing building envelope, and builders repurposed interior elements as much as possible, Cincinnati.com reports.
Merit ePartners of Stockton, California has achieved e-Stewards certification. Merit is a a 501(c)(3) nonprofit social enterprise that employs past offenders to process corporate e-waste for reuse and recycling.
Pulsair Systems announced that its potable water mixing systems are now National Sanitation Foundation Certified. NSF International tested and certified Pulsair’s stainless steel sanitary mixing equipment to NSF/ANSI Standard 61, and the equipment is now approved for installation in all sizes of potable water storage tanks and water reservoirs.
Energy Manager News
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy