3E Company Updates EHS Safety Data Sheet Software
The company, which supplies EH&S and information management services, says the new version has improvements to better integrate with the SAP EHS Management system, and added features, including support for Uruguay’s GHS regulation.
The changes make more efficient the transfer of data from SAP EHSM into MSDgen to create safety data sheets and other hazard communication documents. The new interface allows users to author SDSs while using other applications and functions of SAP EHSM, 3E says.
A data migration tool supports data imports from SAP EHSM for various types including ingredient range data, additional component data, alternate trade name (ATN) data, and translations.
Other features of the release include expanded support for Latin America, with new rules, SDSs, labels and classification sheets implemented according to Uruguay’s Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals regulation. There are also new GHS and non-GHS SDSs and label templates for Central America, the Caribbean and South America to support other requirements of the user community in the region, 3E says.
The MSDgen software includes expanded hazard communication capabilities with workplace safety cards for Dangerous Substances Directive (DSD), Dangerous Preparations Directive (DPD) and the Classification, Labeling and Packaging (CLP) classifications. The cards give information to employees on the risks involved with product usage. The safety cards supply a guide for emergency procedures and safety recommendations.
The release also has material-level Chemicals Abstracts Service (CAS) numbers for essential oils.
Energy Manager News
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Jan. 29
- FERC Probes High Rates of Four Interstate Gas Pipeline Companies
- Rhode Island Launches Retail Shopping Website
- Successful Energy Managers Follow these 10 Tactics