3E Company Updates EHS Safety Data Sheet Software
The company, which supplies EH&S and information management services, says the new version has improvements to better integrate with the SAP EHS Management system, and added features, including support for Uruguay’s GHS regulation.
The changes make more efficient the transfer of data from SAP EHSM into MSDgen to create safety data sheets and other hazard communication documents. The new interface allows users to author SDSs while using other applications and functions of SAP EHSM, 3E says.
A data migration tool supports data imports from SAP EHSM for various types including ingredient range data, additional component data, alternate trade name (ATN) data, and translations.
Other features of the release include expanded support for Latin America, with new rules, SDSs, labels and classification sheets implemented according to Uruguay’s Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals regulation. There are also new GHS and non-GHS SDSs and label templates for Central America, the Caribbean and South America to support other requirements of the user community in the region, 3E says.
The MSDgen software includes expanded hazard communication capabilities with workplace safety cards for Dangerous Substances Directive (DSD), Dangerous Preparations Directive (DPD) and the Classification, Labeling and Packaging (CLP) classifications. The cards give information to employees on the risks involved with product usage. The safety cards supply a guide for emergency procedures and safety recommendations.
The release also has material-level Chemicals Abstracts Service (CAS) numbers for essential oils.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight