ChargePoint Launches Dual-Port EV Charging Station
As more EVs hit the road, demand is greater than supply for charging stations and will continue to grow exponentially, so ChargePoint says the CT4000 addresses two major obstacles – the need for more charging stations (since its dual port effectively doubles capacity) and less expensive installation.
The model also has a self-retracting, lightweight cord management system, which it says will make it more convenient for customers. In addition, ChargePoint has incorporated a color LCD screen with customizable video, which enables station owners to run advertisements through the company’s cloud service.
Station owners can further customize the charging station by using the built-in signage feature. EV drivers can familiarize themselves with an interactive instruction video, available in English, Spanish and French.
ChargePoint says the CT4000 stations are already in high demand, with hundreds of installation orders coming in from customers like Google. The company has 12,000 charge spots in operation.
Energy Manager News
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Jan. 29
- FERC Probes High Rates of Four Interstate Gas Pipeline Companies
- Rhode Island Launches Retail Shopping Website
- Successful Energy Managers Follow these 10 Tactics