ChargePoint Launches Dual-Port EV Charging Station
As more EVs hit the road, demand is greater than supply for charging stations and will continue to grow exponentially, so ChargePoint says the CT4000 addresses two major obstacles – the need for more charging stations (since its dual port effectively doubles capacity) and less expensive installation.
The model also has a self-retracting, lightweight cord management system, which it says will make it more convenient for customers. In addition, ChargePoint has incorporated a color LCD screen with customizable video, which enables station owners to run advertisements through the company’s cloud service.
Station owners can further customize the charging station by using the built-in signage feature. EV drivers can familiarize themselves with an interactive instruction video, available in English, Spanish and French.
ChargePoint says the CT4000 stations are already in high demand, with hundreds of installation orders coming in from customers like Google. The company has 12,000 charge spots in operation.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike