ChargePoint Launches Dual-Port EV Charging Station
As more EVs hit the road, demand is greater than supply for charging stations and will continue to grow exponentially, so ChargePoint says the CT4000 addresses two major obstacles – the need for more charging stations (since its dual port effectively doubles capacity) and less expensive installation.
The model also has a self-retracting, lightweight cord management system, which it says will make it more convenient for customers. In addition, ChargePoint has incorporated a color LCD screen with customizable video, which enables station owners to run advertisements through the company’s cloud service.
Station owners can further customize the charging station by using the built-in signage feature. EV drivers can familiarize themselves with an interactive instruction video, available in English, Spanish and French.
ChargePoint says the CT4000 stations are already in high demand, with hundreds of installation orders coming in from customers like Google. The company has 12,000 charge spots in operation.
Energy Manager News
- An Interesting Summer for PACE
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course
- AEEE: Efficiency as a Resource is a Winner
- Chicago Cubs’ Wrigley Field to be Powered by Commercial Retailer ENGIE Resources
- Who Should Pay for a Utility’s Bad Business Decisions – Owners or Customers?
- Major Industries Could Be Moved By High Rates To Leave Wisconsin
- The World is About to See Whether Apple’s Solar Investment Pays Off
- BREEAM USA Takes Aim at In-Use Structures