Standards & Compliance Briefing: First LEED Health Platinum, Prop. 65, ISO 14001
The expansion of Dell Children’s Medical Center in Austin, Texas, has achieved the first-ever Platinum LEED for Healthcare certification, BuildingGreen reports. The $49 million dollar W.H. and Elaine McCarthy South Tower uses 60 percent salvaged or reused materials, which diverted 3,000 tons of waste from landfills.
The Millennium Uptown, a new luxury apartment community in Houston, received LEED for Homes Platinum. The apartments are a joint venture between The Dinerstein Companies and an affiliate of Heitman LLC.
Business leaders, environmentalists and others trying to hammer out changes to California’s Proposition 65 are disagreeing on several sticking points. Stakeholders discussed lowering thresholds for chemical detection but couldn’t agree, Sam Delson of the California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment told the Sacramento Business Journal.
Telematics and fleet management company Airmax has earned ISO 14001 environmental management accreditation. General manager Richard Perham said one factor in the company’s favor was its ability to monitor CO2 output of its fleet based on actual fuel burn, “not speculative OEM averaged mileage,” FleetNews reports.
Palfinger Marine‘s corporate headquarters in Köstendorf, Austria have earned ISO 14001 certification by TÜV Süd. The company says it expects to find cost savings through reductions in energy and raw material use.
Yingli China, a subsidiary of Yingli Green Energy, is now authorized to conduct in-house Underwriters Laboratories certification testing for solar modules, under UL’s Client Test Data Program. Yingli will carry out the testing at its laboratory in Baoding, China.
Energy Manager News
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes
- Florida Supreme Court Puts Kibosh on FPL Fracking Charge
- Restaurant Supply Company Bakes Energy Efficiency into New Facility