Auburn U. Nabs Hefty Grant for Recycling Bins
Auburn University’s Waste Reduction & Recycling Department has received an $84,505 grant from the Alabama Department of Environmental Management (ADEM). The grant will support the purchase of recycling bins and other equipment that the university says will create a more convenient recycling environment for the university community.
The grant will also support outreach efforts to encourage participation in local recycling programs.
Auburn University’s recycling program was established in 2005 with a mission to provide waste reduction opportunities and quality recycling services to the Auburn University community. The Waste Reduction & Recycling Department has established three main programs to recycle and reduce waste on campus, including Campus Building Recycling, Residential Recycling, Dining Hall Recycling and Game Day Recycling.
EARP’s partners have collectively achieved a rate of 20% waste diversion.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market