Auburn U. Nabs Hefty Grant for Recycling Bins
Auburn University’s Waste Reduction & Recycling Department has received an $84,505 grant from the Alabama Department of Environmental Management (ADEM). The grant will support the purchase of recycling bins and other equipment that the university says will create a more convenient recycling environment for the university community.
The grant will also support outreach efforts to encourage participation in local recycling programs.
Auburn University’s recycling program was established in 2005 with a mission to provide waste reduction opportunities and quality recycling services to the Auburn University community. The Waste Reduction & Recycling Department has established three main programs to recycle and reduce waste on campus, including Campus Building Recycling, Residential Recycling, Dining Hall Recycling and Game Day Recycling.
EARP’s partners have collectively achieved a rate of 20% waste diversion.
Energy Manager News
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA