Auburn U. Nabs Hefty Grant for Recycling Bins
Auburn University’s Waste Reduction & Recycling Department has received an $84,505 grant from the Alabama Department of Environmental Management (ADEM). The grant will support the purchase of recycling bins and other equipment that the university says will create a more convenient recycling environment for the university community.
The grant will also support outreach efforts to encourage participation in local recycling programs.
Auburn University’s recycling program was established in 2005 with a mission to provide waste reduction opportunities and quality recycling services to the Auburn University community. The Waste Reduction & Recycling Department has established three main programs to recycle and reduce waste on campus, including Campus Building Recycling, Residential Recycling, Dining Hall Recycling and Game Day Recycling.
EARP’s partners have collectively achieved a rate of 20% waste diversion.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry