High Performance Buildings: It’s Not Just Energy Efficiency
Legrand’s whitepaper The Drive for High Performance Buildings finds that performance buildings are driven by several factors beyond energy efficiency including security, information technology, environmental and regulatory forces, and changes in building design and management.
The white paper says buildings have evolved over decades, but there’s now a “paradigm shift” in expectations in the built environment impacting the building sector, from corporate offices to hospitals, retail and universities. According to Legrand, high performance buildings consider building operations holistically – accounting for everything from energy and water consumption to lighting and sound levels – with the ultimate goal of providing sustainable design principles to ensure optimal performance over extended periods of time.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management