Genesis Water Technologies Introduces Zeolite Media for Water, Air Filtration
Genesis Water Technologies has introduced a GWT series natural zeolite media filtration system that the company says is capable of serving a wide range of applications including drinking water, wastewater effluent, commercial/industrial process water and air pollution applications.
The GWT series zeolite media is an inorganic micro-porous alumino-silicate material containing specific zeolites with many filtration properties including a high cation exchange capacity (CEC). The company says the media is a cost-effective, environmentally safe product for treating both water and air pollution issues.
The company says the filtration system can be used in a variety of industry applications including: power industry, beverage industry, oil and gas industry, food processing, industrial/municipal waste water (such as specific heavy metals, process water and wastewater treatment), seawater/surface water reverse osmosis pretreatment, aquaculture and specialty applications including flue gas cleaning.
The GWT series zeolite filtration media have been used for mechanical filtering of suspended particulate to 5 micron, as well as many specialized applications including removal of ammonia, iron, manganese, hydogen sulfide odor reduction, quicker sludge dewatering, and wastewater process stability, the company says.
The GWT series media can also be used in smoke gas purification to reduce mercury mercaptans, hydrogen sulfide, dioxins and other toxic gases. This media is also used with the GWT series activated carbon media to target a wide array of toxic flue gas contaminants.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs