Auto Manufacturers Aim to Produce Vehicles at Sustainable Facilities
Major automakers are improving their production factories, with waste reduction plans, solar power and energy use reduction plans in order to enhance the sustainability reputation of their electric vehicle production lines, Green Car Reports says.
Among them, Honda is developing a test track facility will contain 70,000 solar panels, powering facilities for its car development, and selling it excess renewable energy. Subaru’s plant in Lafayette, Indiana, instituted a zero-landfill, 100-percent recycling policy.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals
- Mercy Housing, Promise Energy Teaming Up
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016