Auto Manufacturers Aim to Produce Vehicles at Sustainable Facilities
Major automakers are improving their production factories, with waste reduction plans, solar power and energy use reduction plans in order to enhance the sustainability reputation of their electric vehicle production lines, Green Car Reports says.
Among them, Honda is developing a test track facility will contain 70,000 solar panels, powering facilities for its car development, and selling it excess renewable energy. Subaru’s plant in Lafayette, Indiana, instituted a zero-landfill, 100-percent recycling policy.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action
- STULZ, CoolIT Enter Data Center Cooling Pact
- Smart Grid Partnership Announced in Europe
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners