Auto Manufacturers Aim to Produce Vehicles at Sustainable Facilities
Major automakers are improving their production factories, with waste reduction plans, solar power and energy use reduction plans in order to enhance the sustainability reputation of their electric vehicle production lines, Green Car Reports says.
Among them, Honda is developing a test track facility will contain 70,000 solar panels, powering facilities for its car development, and selling it excess renewable energy. Subaru’s plant in Lafayette, Indiana, instituted a zero-landfill, 100-percent recycling policy.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Feb. 5
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate