Yosemite Fires Point Out Energy Strain in California
California Governor Jerry Brown proclaimed a State of Emergency related to the wildfires burning near Yosemite, and said the fires â€œhave caused damage to electrical infrastructure serving the City and County of San Francisco and now threaten damage to property, equipment, and resources of the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission.
The proclamation also says the San Francisco PUC has been forced to shut down transmission lines because of the fires and San Francisco is likely to be further affected, including the possible temporary interruption of electricity and/or water delivery.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Teslaâ€™s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UKâ€™s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation