Yosemite Fires Point Out Energy Strain in California
California Governor Jerry Brown proclaimed a State of Emergency related to the wildfires burning near Yosemite, and said the fires â€śhave caused damage to electrical infrastructure serving the City and County of San Francisco and now threaten damage to property, equipment, and resources of the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission.
The proclamation also says the San Francisco PUC has been forced to shut down transmission lines because of the fires and San Francisco is likely to be further affected, including the possible temporary interruption of electricity and/or water delivery.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike