Yosemite Fires Point Out Energy Strain in California
California Governor Jerry Brown proclaimed a State of Emergency related to the wildfires burning near Yosemite, and said the fires â€œhave caused damage to electrical infrastructure serving the City and County of San Francisco and now threaten damage to property, equipment, and resources of the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission.
The proclamation also says the San Francisco PUC has been forced to shut down transmission lines because of the fires and San Francisco is likely to be further affected, including the possible temporary interruption of electricity and/or water delivery.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls