Yosemite Fires Point Out Energy Strain in California
California Governor Jerry Brown proclaimed a State of Emergency related to the wildfires burning near Yosemite, and said the fires â€œhave caused damage to electrical infrastructure serving the City and County of San Francisco and now threaten damage to property, equipment, and resources of the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission.
The proclamation also says the San Francisco PUC has been forced to shut down transmission lines because of the fires and San Francisco is likely to be further affected, including the possible temporary interruption of electricity and/or water delivery.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Avista Lauds â€˜Fairâ€™ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGEâ€™s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electricâ€™s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money