Standards & Compliance Briefing: RIOS, LEED, E-Stewards
The Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries has introduced a “more streamlined price model” for the Recycling Industry Operating Standard (RIOS), with flat annual fees. Prices are $1,000 to $1,350 for non-profit and governmental facilities, $1,200 to $1,250 for ISRI members and $3,500 for $4,300 for all other facilities.
Anupam Rasayan India Limited, Unit-2, a manufacturer of speciality chemicals and intermediates, has received ISO 14001 environmental management and ISO 9001 quality management certification for its facility in Sachin, India. Global Manager Group certified the facility.
The University Corporation for Atmospheric Research has earned LEED Platinum for its Anthes Building and Foothills Lab 4, both on the Foothills campus in Boulder, Colo. The two buildings have ground-source heat pumps and a combined 192 kW of rooftop solar power, and their utility costs have dropped by roughly a third, UCAR says.
The new EcoDiscovery Center wing of the Museum of Discovery and Science in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., has earned LEED Silver certification for new construction. The two-story, 34,000-square-foot addition effectively doubles the size of the museum’s public space, the South Florida Business Journal reports.
Laura Chenel’s Chèvre, owned by French cheesemaker Rians, has won LEED Gold certification for its Sonoma, Calif., creamery. Features include more than 1,000 rooftop solar panels, which provide up to 80 percent of facility energy use; and use of bacteria to treat liquid waste generated from milk processing, Perishable News reports.
SMS Systems Maintenance Services, a managed IT asset lifecycle support services company, has achieved e-Stewards certification. SMS’s offerings include hardware maintenance, IT asset management, managed network and VoIP services, product deployment, relocation, data erasure, media destruction and IT asset recycling.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs