DOE Focuses on Wind, PV, LEDs, Batteries, Says Moniz
During a visit to the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) in Golden, Colo., on Sept.11, Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz dedicated the new Energy Systems Integration Facility (ESIF), which will help manufacturers, utilities, and public and private sector researchers integrate renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies into the nationâ€™s energy infrastructure.
Speaking at the event, Moniz also laid out the mission of DOE, under his reign. â€śThereâ€™s no question our script comes from the Presidentâ€™s Climate Action Plan,â€ť said the Energy Secretary, who highlighted four key technologies to save energy and reduce carbon emissions: wind, photovoltaic solar, LED lighting, and batteries for EVs.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs