DOE Focuses on Wind, PV, LEDs, Batteries, Says Moniz
During a visit to the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) in Golden, Colo., on Sept.11, Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz dedicated the new Energy Systems Integration Facility (ESIF), which will help manufacturers, utilities, and public and private sector researchers integrate renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies into the nationâs energy infrastructure.
Speaking at the event, Moniz also laid out the mission of DOE, under his reign. âThereâs no question our script comes from the Presidentâs Climate Action Plan,â said the Energy Secretary, who highlighted four key technologies to save energy and reduce carbon emissions: wind, photovoltaic solar, LED lighting, and batteries for EVs.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- 5 Reasons Clean Energy Investments Beat Expectations
- East Coast Cities are Top 3 Most Energy Efficient
- Tri-Generation System Generates Heat, Power, Hydrogen
- Lennox Expands Commercial Packaged Rooftop Units
- US Representative Wants to Extend Tax Credits for Clean Energy
- Eaton Hired at Fort Campbell
- Schneider Software Prevents Overcooling in Data Centers
- HVAC Brain Carries Siemens Commercial Room Thermostat