DOE Focuses on Wind, PV, LEDs, Batteries, Says Moniz
During a visit to the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) in Golden, Colo., on Sept.11, Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz dedicated the new Energy Systems Integration Facility (ESIF), which will help manufacturers, utilities, and public and private sector researchers integrate renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies into the nation‚Äôs energy infrastructure.
Speaking at the event, Moniz also laid out the mission of DOE, under his reign. ‚ÄúThere‚Äôs no question our script comes from the President‚Äôs Climate Action Plan,‚ÄĚ said the Energy Secretary, who highlighted four key technologies to save energy and reduce carbon emissions: wind, photovoltaic solar, LED lighting, and batteries for EVs.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court‚Äôs Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy‚Äôs Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem