DOE Focuses on Wind, PV, LEDs, Batteries, Says Moniz
During a visit to the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) in Golden, Colo., on Sept.11, Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz dedicated the new Energy Systems Integration Facility (ESIF), which will help manufacturers, utilities, and public and private sector researchers integrate renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies into the nationâ€™s energy infrastructure.
Speaking at the event, Moniz also laid out the mission of DOE, under his reign. â€śThereâ€™s no question our script comes from the Presidentâ€™s Climate Action Plan,â€ť said the Energy Secretary, who highlighted four key technologies to save energy and reduce carbon emissions: wind, photovoltaic solar, LED lighting, and batteries for EVs.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store