GM Chooses Flywheel UPS for Detroit Data Center
A flywheel for battery-free backup power and in-row cooling that reduces the need for electricity both contribute to a 70 percent reduction in energy use at General Motorsâ€™ new $130 million enterprise data center in Detroit.
The data center has earned LEED Gold certification by the US Green Building Council.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Monthâ€™s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra