GM Chooses Flywheel UPS for Detroit Data Center
A flywheel for battery-free backup power and in-row cooling that reduces the need for electricity both contribute to a 70 percent reduction in energy use at General Motorsâ€™ new $130 million enterprise data center in Detroit.
The data center has earned LEED Gold certification by the US Green Building Council.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls