GM Chooses Flywheel UPS for Detroit Data Center
A flywheel for battery-free backup power and in-row cooling that reduces the need for electricity both contribute to a 70 percent reduction in energy use at General Motorsâ€™ new $130 million enterprise data center in Detroit.
The data center has earned LEED Gold certification by the US Green Building Council.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs