EDF Takes Issue with California On-Bill Energy Efficiency Financing Pilot
The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) proposed a decision to implement an energy efficiency financing pilot program, including an on-bill repayment feature, to test the value of incentives to financial institutions and utility customers. The CPUC is set to vote on the proposed decision today, Sept 19.
Among other things, the decision authorizes an expansion of on-bill utility collection of the monthly finance payments for energy efficiency projects. The on-bill repayment (OBR) feature will test whether payment on the utility bill increases debt service performance across market sectors. No ratepayer funds are authorized to support OBR financing for medium and large businesses. The decision requires the utilities to develop uniform OBR tariff language that includes transferability of the obligation through written consent (and other mechanisms), and service disconnection for default on the debt obligation.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations
- ASHRAE Proposes “Backbone” for Building Rating Programs
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid