EDF Takes Issue with California On-Bill Energy Efficiency Financing Pilot
The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) proposed a decision to implement an energy efficiency financing pilot program, including an on-bill repayment feature, to test the value of incentives to financial institutions and utility customers. The CPUC is set to vote on the proposed decision today, Sept 19.
Among other things, the decision authorizes an expansion of on-bill utility collection of the monthly finance payments for energy efficiency projects. The on-bill repayment (OBR) feature will test whether payment on the utility bill increases debt service performance across market sectors. No ratepayer funds are authorized to support OBR financing for medium and large businesses. The decision requires the utilities to develop uniform OBR tariff language that includes transferability of the obligation through written consent (and other mechanisms), and service disconnection for default on the debt obligation.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls