Carbon Standard Will Hit Electric Reliability, Critics Charge
New coal-fired units would need to meet a limit of 1,100 pounds of CO2 per megawatt-hour under the rules introduced Friday.Â New large gas-fired power plants would beÂ limited to 1,000 pounds of carbon dioxide emissionsÂ per MWh and new small gas-fired turbines to 1,100 pounds of per MWh.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B