Carbon Standard Will Hit Electric Reliability, Critics Charge
New coal-fired units would need to meet a limit of 1,100 pounds of CO2 per megawatt-hour under the rules introduced Friday.Â New large gas-fired power plants would beÂ limited to 1,000 pounds of carbon dioxide emissionsÂ per MWh and new small gas-fired turbines to 1,100 pounds of per MWh.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works