Carbon Standard Will Hit Electric Reliability, Critics Charge
New coal-fired units would need to meet a limit of 1,100 pounds of CO2 per megawatt-hour under the rules introduced Friday.Â New large gas-fired power plants would beÂ limited to 1,000 pounds of carbon dioxide emissionsÂ per MWh and new small gas-fired turbines to 1,100 pounds of per MWh.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: Itâ€™s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M â€˜Switching Feeâ€™ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform