Fisher Releases Paper Industry’s First Carbon Emissions Database
The new tool that can analyze paper industry carbon emissions both at micro and marco levels worldwide, according to the paper industry consulting firm.
The firm says the benchmarking tool calculates carbon emissions for every pulp and paper mill in the world making 50 or more tons per day, with segmentation by emission source from cradle to destination. Since the new data is integrated with Fisher’s mill asset and cost databases, it’s possible to conduct an analysis of asset comparisons by type of equipment, grade, company, region and hundreds of other factors as they relate to carbon emissions, Fisher says.
The system uses FisherSolve’s benchmarking software, commonly-accepted carbon emissions methodology, and Fisher’s mathematical modeling of each mill’s mass-energy balance to follow CO2 emissions from raw materials, fossil fuel combustion, purchased energy and transportation. It also provides carbon-neutral biomass emission data.
The carbon benchmarking tool is available via a subscription to FisherSolve.
The firm says the model allows analysis down to the paper machine-finished product level and can roll up analysis to any level above, for example, mill, grade, company, country, region and combinations of these.
In an example of how one paper company’s climate strategy is helping it think anew about core products and fresh market opportunities, Weyerhaeuser last year made $102 million in “Eco+ Revenues,” sales of products and services with an improved environmental profile, the company said in August. In the same year, Weyerhaeuser invested $82 million in “Eco+ Investment” projects to improve sustainability and business operations.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment