Accenture, Mattel and Campbell Soup Among ‘Top 10 Corporate Citizens’
CR Magazine ranked the Top 10 Best Corporate Citizens by industry in 10 sectors. This is the third year that CR Magazine recognized companies by industry, applying the methodology from its 100 Best Corporate Citizens List.
By industry, the best corporate citizens are:
- Business Services: Accenture
- Consumer Items: Mattel
- Consumer Staples: Campbell Soup
- Energy: Exxon Mobil
- Financials/Insurance/Real Estate: JPMorgan Chase
- Healthcare: Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Information Technology: International Business Machines
- Materials: E.I. DuPont De Nemours
- Media and Entertainment: Walt Disney
- Utilities: Spectra Energy
CR Magazine notes that JP Morgan Chase Bank receives a “yellow card” for its now discontinued practice of posting of transactions related to debit cards and consumer deposit accounts causing overdraft fees. The company settled class actions suits for $110 million.
Of these No. 1 ranked firms in each industry, Exxon Mobil is the only newcomer to the Top 10 list. Mattel, however, moved up a spot on the consumer items’ Top 10 list to bump Nike from its top spot in 2012.
Mattel ranked No. 2 in the list of 100 Best Corporate Citizens 2013 published in April. AT&T pushed Bristol-Myers Squibb from its No. 1 ranking to take the top spot on the 2013 list.
Bristol-Myers Squibb, which topped the annual ranking in 2012, took the No. 3 spot this year. Eaton, Intel, Gap, Hasbro, Merck, Campbell Soup Co. and Coca-Cola Enterprises rounded out the top 10 companies on the 100 Best Corporate Citizens list.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike