It Cost ‘$5,000 to Change a Light Bulb’ at University of Illinois
Building Energy Experts just completed an LED lighting and control retrofit of the 18,000-sq-ft Student Recreation Facility for The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). The project will save the building an estimated $20,000 per year in energy costs as well as extraordinary savings in reduced labor costs.
The building’s unique architectural details made the project very challenging because the lobby ceiling fixtures are 75 feet up, requiring a specialized man lift at a rental cost of $5,000.00 per day.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management