It Cost ‘$5,000 to Change a Light Bulb’ at University of Illinois
Building Energy Experts just completed an LED lighting and control retrofit of the 18,000-sq-ft Student Recreation Facility for The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). The project will save the building an estimated $20,000 per year in energy costs as well as extraordinary savings in reduced labor costs.
The building’s unique architectural details made the project very challenging because the lobby ceiling fixtures are 75 feet up, requiring a specialized man lift at a rental cost of $5,000.00 per day.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables