It Cost ‘$5,000 to Change a Light Bulb’ at University of Illinois
Building Energy Experts just completed an LED lighting and control retrofit of the 18,000-sq-ft Student Recreation Facility for The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). The project will save the building an estimated $20,000 per year in energy costs as well as extraordinary savings in reduced labor costs.
The building’s unique architectural details made the project very challenging because the lobby ceiling fixtures are 75 feet up, requiring a specialized man lift at a rental cost of $5,000.00 per day.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry