ABB Launches Multistandard DC Fast Charging Station
The Terra 23 multistandard DC fast charger can charge EVs in 30 to 60 minutes, the company says. The 20 kW multistandard station offers Combined Charging System (CCS), CHAdeMO and fast AC charging functionality and is available in configurations with one, two or three outlets.
ABB says the Terra 23 is designed for areas where EV drivers plan to stay 30 to 60 minutes, such as retail locations, commercial office environments and EV auto dealerships. Its 20 kW design allows for quick and easy installation on widely available 3 x 32A low-cost grid connections. If in the future charging needs change, installed Terra 23 charging stations can be field upgraded to support the full 50 kW power level, the company says.
ABB has a track record of supporting global open standards, such as the CCS standard. In 2012 it was the first company to demonstrate a working CCS prototype at EVS26 in Los Angeles and at eCarTec in Munich. This past summer ABB participated in interoperability workshops with BMW and Volkswagen demonstrating successful charging of the next-generation CCS compatible EVs.
All chargers in ABB’s portfolio will continue to be supported by the ABB charging management platform, the company says. The platform offers remote monitoring and assistance, remote updates and upgrades and extensive interfacing with payment methods, charging service provider networks, back-office systems and smart grid energy systems.
Energy Manager News
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem
- Smart Computer Use Hikes Energy Efficiency