CableLabs Uses Fuel Cell Backup Power
CommScope deployed its hydrogen fuel cell technology at CableLabs, the nonprofit research and development consortium for the cable television industry. CableLabs wants to take a leadership role in demonstrating how cable operators can incorporate new energy technologies.
CommScope’s fuel cell at CableLabs’ headquarters in Louisville, Colo., has a capacity of 8 kW and can provide up to 16 hours of reliable backup power for CableLabs’ head-end and cable modem termination system.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Flint Water Crisis Uncovers Ignoble Decisions and Neglect of Existing Enviro Regs
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- WGL Extends Energy Management Platform
- Fort Hood Pushing Renewables
- Tire Store Going Solar in Billings
- Pardeeville Hikes Homeowner Costs, Offers Large Customers TOD Rates
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court