CableLabs Uses Fuel Cell Backup Power
CommScope deployed its hydrogen fuel cell technology at CableLabs, the nonprofit research and development consortium for the cable television industry. CableLabs wants to take a leadership role in demonstrating how cable operators can incorporate new energy technologies.
CommScope’s fuel cell at CableLabs’ headquarters in Louisville, Colo., has a capacity of 8 kW and can provide up to 16 hours of reliable backup power for CableLabs’ head-end and cable modem termination system.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store