CableLabs Uses Fuel Cell Backup Power
CommScope deployed its hydrogen fuel cell technology at CableLabs, the nonprofit research and development consortium for the cable television industry. CableLabs wants to take a leadership role in demonstrating how cable operators can incorporate new energy technologies.
CommScope’s fuel cell at CableLabs’ headquarters in Louisville, Colo., has a capacity of 8 kW and can provide up to 16 hours of reliable backup power for CableLabs’ head-end and cable modem termination system.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course
- AEEE: Efficiency as a Resource is a Winner
- Chicago Cubs’ Wrigley Field to be Powered by Commercial Retailer ENGIE Resources
- Who Should Pay for a Utility’s Bad Business Decisions – Owners or Customers?
- Major Industries Could Be Moved By High Rates To Leave Wisconsin
- The World is About to See Whether Apple’s Solar Investment Pays Off
- BREEAM USA Takes Aim at In-Use Structures
- Unity College Gets Grant for Greenhouses