CableLabs Uses Fuel Cell Backup Power
CommScope deployed its hydrogen fuel cell technology at CableLabs, the nonprofit research and development consortium for the cable television industry. CableLabs wants to take a leadership role in demonstrating how cable operators can incorporate new energy technologies.
CommScope’s fuel cell at CableLabs’ headquarters in Louisville, Colo., has a capacity of 8 kW and can provide up to 16 hours of reliable backup power for CableLabs’ head-end and cable modem termination system.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending April 29, 2016
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- Xcel Energy Files to Refund $15M to Colorado Electric Customers
- New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform