Standards & Compliance Briefing: Wyndham, Carbon Trust Water Standard
Bentley announced that it is the first automaker, and one of the first ten organizations in the world, to achieve the Carbon Trust Water Standard. The company’s Crewe, UK headquarters cut water use by 35.7 percent in one year by building a water recycling facility, replacing and modernizing water main and fire hydrant systems, and installing automatic faucets and low-flush toilets.
Wyndham Worldwide has received LEED Gold for its newest building at its corporate headquarters in Parsippany, N.J. The campus previously received two silver-level LEED designations for the site. The new building uses water-efficient fixtures to cut water use nearly 38 percent, while cutting energy use for lighting by 16 percent and HVAC energy by 18 percent, Wyndham says.
Aircraft spare part supplier AJW Aviation has achieved certification to ISO 14001 for environmental management systems and ISO 18001 for health and safety management systems. The company’s headquarters near London Gatwick Airport collects rainwater in underground tanks, uses solar panels to provide 7,773 kWh of energy a year, and features acoustic fencing around the parking lot.
Advanced Electronic Remanufacturing Technologies has been certified to ISO 14001 environmental management system standards, registered through Dekra. The electronics repair and circuit board rework company is based in Brea, Calif.
San Jacinto College, near Houston, has achieved LEED Silver for its North Campus Welcome Center and Central Campus Transportation Center. The transportation center is used to train students in servicing vehicles.
Energy Manager News
- The New Utility Bill Cheat Sheet
- Not So Fast: Energy Benchmarking in Kansas City
- Home Depot Sells Philips 60-W LED Equivalent for $4.97
- Shared Solar Could Significantly Expand Solar PV Market
- Barriers Exist to Demand Response in US
- Berkeley Lab, NTU Singapore Collaborate for Energy Technologies
- Wastewater Agency Implements Submetering, Joins Better Plants Challenge
- LEDs Light Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin West