Building Owners Find Big Savings in ‘Stray’ Energy
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) has a new report, Real Time Energy Management, which validates the substantial savings available by catching stray energy in buildings.
According to an NRDC blog posting, some examples of “stray” include: i) Thermostats that are set for specific events and not re-set afterwards; ii) Broken sensors for fans or pumps; iii) Problems with energy management software that goes undetected.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike