Building Owners Find Big Savings in ‘Stray’ Energy
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) has a new report, Real Time Energy Management, which validates the substantial savings available by catching stray energy in buildings.
According to an NRDC blog posting, some examples of “stray” include: i) Thermostats that are set for specific events and not re-set afterwards; ii) Broken sensors for fans or pumps; iii) Problems with energy management software that goes undetected.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- New Energy Efficiency Law Could be Boon for HVAC Industry
- Black & Veatch World Headquarters Microgrid
- Caterpillar, First Solar Join to Develop Microgrids
- Hospital Reduces Energy 12%
- Cree LEDs Light 42-Campus Toledo Public School District
- Soraa Offers LED with Wireless Control
- States Use Energy Resource Permanent Funds for Various Purposes
- One Man’s Experience with Engaging Building Operators