Home Depot, KB Home Win EPA Water Awards
Home Depot and KB Home were among several companies and organizations honored by the EPA for their commitment to water efficiency and support of the WaterSense program.
Since the EPA launched the program in 2006, WaterSense-labeled products — and its 2,700 other WaterSense partners — have helped Americans save $8.9 billion from their water and energy bills and 487 billion gallons of water, according to the EPA.
Home Depot was named 2013 retailer partner of the year for the second consecutive year for its efforts to promote WaterSense in all of its US stores as well as online. The Home Depot’s “Eco Options” website, featuring WaterSense-labeled products and water savings calculators, received more than 2.5 million hits in 2012.
Delta Faucet received the large manufacturer partner of the year for a nationwide program it conducted with other WaterSense partners during Fix a Leak Week. During that campaign, Delta installed its WaterSense-labeled plumbing fixtures in 1,900 housing units in 10 cities across the country, resulting in more than 7 million gallons in estimated annual water savings, the EPA says.
Niagara Conservation received the small manufacturer partner of the year award for working with local utilities and plumbers to develop Niagara Green City, a program that promotes water- and energy-efficiency products.
The Irrigation Association received the professional certifying organization partner of the year award and Athens-Clarke County Public Utilities Department was named a promotional partner of the year. Kohler and Lowes were named sustained excellence award winners.
In September, the first WaterSense-labeled product for commercial kitchens became available. Pre-rinse spray valves, which remove excess food waste from dishes prior to dishwashing and account for about one-third of the water used in a typical commercial kitchen, are now eligible to earn the EPA’s WaterSense label and help food service establishments save water, energy and money.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses