Solar Express Rolls Through Chicago
The city of Chicago launched Chicago Solar Express, a streamlined permitting, zoning and interconnection process for those seeking to place solar installations on residential and commercial properties. The project aims to slash wait times for solar permits for small installations from 30 days to one day, cut fees by 25 percent and simplify and streamline key processes.
The reforms are made possible with the assistance of a $750,000 SunShot grant received from the Department of Energy as part its SunShot Rooftop Solar Challenge.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform