Solar Express Rolls Through Chicago
The city of Chicago launched Chicago Solar Express, a streamlined permitting, zoning and interconnection process for those seeking to place solar installations on residential and commercial properties. The project aims to slash wait times for solar permits for small installations from 30 days to one day, cut fees by 25 percent and simplify and streamline key processes.
The reforms are made possible with the assistance of a $750,000 SunShot grant received from the Department of Energy as part its SunShot Rooftop Solar Challenge.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike