REI Saves 93% on Data Center Energy with Evaporative Cooling
Outdoor retailer REI retrofitted its Seattle data center, resulting in a 93 percent reduction in the cooling energy used to operate the facility. The retrofit uses â€śfree coolingâ€ť via a rooftop evaporative cooling tower to keep servers at optimal temperatures.
The system reduces the need for mechanical cooling nearly year-round, or about 8,672 hours annually.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016