Standards & Compliance Briefing: Whirlpool, LEED, Green Hospitality
Whirlpool has received certification to AHAM 7003-2013/CSA SPE-7003-13/UL 7003, Sustainability Standard for Household Clothes Washers, for select products. These include the first top-load models certified to the standard. The certification examines six key points of environmental impact: materials, manufacturing and operations, energy and water consumption during use, consumables, end of life, and innovation.
Email marketing company AWeber Communications has achieved LEED Gold certification for its new 71,000 sq foot Chalfont, Pa., headquarters. The building features a 20-foot bio-wall, two-story rain curtain, automatically adjusting window shades, and a building management system that monitors over 50,000 points in the building every 15 seconds, to optimize light, control temperature and minimize waste.
Clemson University’s 100,000 sq ft Life Sciences Facility has been awarded LEED Gold certification. Features include active chilled beams, photovoltaic arrays, occupancy and daylight sensors, high-performance glazing, a smart technology irrigation system and low-flow plumbing fixtures.
Two hotels, Hotel Doolin and The Armada in Spanish Point, both operated by hotelier John Burke, have received platinum accreditation under Ireland’s Green Hospitality Awards program. The hotels cut water consumption by 38 percent per guest, reduced waste to landfill by 62 percent, and cut electricity per guest by 28 percent, all in two years.
Black Oak Golf Club in Long Valley, NJ has been designated as a Certified Signature Sanctuary under the Audubon International Signature Program. To become certified, organizations must follow site-specific Natural Resource Management Plans addressing wildlife conservation and habitat enhancement, water quality and conservation, integrated pest management, energy efficiency, waste reduction, and green building products and procedures.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight