Fleets of Networked Water Heaters Help Utilities Manage the Grid
Designed specifically for electric utility energy storage and grid management programs, Sequentric’s variable-capacity technology allows grid operators to manage second-by-second timing of the electricity required for water heating. Sequentric’s technology provides the ability to pre-heat the incoming cold water in a way that is essentially decoupled from the customer’s hour-by-hour hot water usage. This makes a number of energy products possible for the utility, including traditional demand response and energy storage. In addition, it guarantees a constant supply of safe hot water for the utility’s customers at all times.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy to Launch Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger