Fleets of Networked Water Heaters Help Utilities Manage the Grid
Designed specifically for electric utility energy storage and grid management programs, Sequentric’s variable-capacity technology allows grid operators to manage second-by-second timing of the electricity required for water heating. Sequentric’s technology provides the ability to pre-heat the incoming cold water in a way that is essentially decoupled from the customer’s hour-by-hour hot water usage. This makes a number of energy products possible for the utility, including traditional demand response and energy storage. In addition, it guarantees a constant supply of safe hot water for the utility’s customers at all times.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls