Fleets of Networked Water Heaters Help Utilities Manage the Grid
Designed specifically for electric utility energy storage and grid management programs, Sequentric’s variable-capacity technology allows grid operators to manage second-by-second timing of the electricity required for water heating. Sequentric’s technology provides the ability to pre-heat the incoming cold water in a way that is essentially decoupled from the customer’s hour-by-hour hot water usage. This makes a number of energy products possible for the utility, including traditional demand response and energy storage. In addition, it guarantees a constant supply of safe hot water for the utility’s customers at all times.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- The Hidden Pitfalls of Natural Gas Cost Savings
- Tesla Unveils Powerwall Stationary Energy Storage
- Cargill, Black & Veatch, EnerNOC Work with Tesla on Energy Storage
- Orion Energy Systems Wins LED Retrofit with VA
- UL to Open California Facility
- Hand Dryer Uses 950 Watts
- Ameresco Wins 18 MW Solar Contract for Fort Detrick
- New Energy Efficiency Law Could be Boon for HVAC Industry