Fleets of Networked Water Heaters Help Utilities Manage the Grid
Designed specifically for electric utility energy storage and grid management programs, Sequentric’s variable-capacity technology allows grid operators to manage second-by-second timing of the electricity required for water heating. Sequentric’s technology provides the ability to pre-heat the incoming cold water in a way that is essentially decoupled from the customer’s hour-by-hour hot water usage. This makes a number of energy products possible for the utility, including traditional demand response and energy storage. In addition, it guarantees a constant supply of safe hot water for the utility’s customers at all times.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations
- Minnesota PUC Approves New Rate Structure, Size Cap for Solar Gardens
- Maine PUC Endorses Natural Gas Pipeline Expansion at Expense of Ratepayers
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look