Xeros Joins Sustainable Apparel Coalition
Xeros has joined the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), an alliance formed to improve supply chain sustainability in the apparel and footwear industries.
The coalition includes more than 100 leading apparel and footwear brands, retailers, manufacturers, government organizations, nonprofits and academic institutions, including Adidas, Burberry, Coca-Cola and Levi’s.
Xeros, which makes an ultra-low-water cleaning system, will contribute data and resources to support the organization’s sustainability assessment tool, the Higg Index. In September SAC selected Schneider Electric to develop a web-based version of the tool, the Higg Index 2.0.
Xeros says, compared to conventional washing machines, its products use more than 70 percent less water, 50 percent less energy and 50 percent less detergent.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations
- ASHRAE Proposes “Backbone” for Building Rating Programs
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid