Xeros Joins Sustainable Apparel Coalition
Xeros has joined the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), an alliance formed to improve supply chain sustainability in the apparel and footwear industries.
The coalition includes more than 100 leading apparel and footwear brands, retailers, manufacturers, government organizations, nonprofits and academic institutions, including Adidas, Burberry, Coca-Cola and Levi’s.
Xeros, which makes an ultra-low-water cleaning system, will contribute data and resources to support the organization’s sustainability assessment tool, the Higg Index. In September SAC selected Schneider Electric to develop a web-based version of the tool, the Higg Index 2.0.
Xeros says, compared to conventional washing machines, its products use more than 70 percent less water, 50 percent less energy and 50 percent less detergent.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls