Xeros Joins Sustainable Apparel Coalition
Xeros has joined the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), an alliance formed to improve supply chain sustainability in the apparel and footwear industries.
The coalition includes more than 100 leading apparel and footwear brands, retailers, manufacturers, government organizations, nonprofits and academic institutions, including Adidas, Burberry, Coca-Cola and Levi’s.
Xeros, which makes an ultra-low-water cleaning system, will contribute data and resources to support the organization’s sustainability assessment tool, the Higg Index. In September SAC selected Schneider Electric to develop a web-based version of the tool, the Higg Index 2.0.
Xeros says, compared to conventional washing machines, its products use more than 70 percent less water, 50 percent less energy and 50 percent less detergent.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store