Xeros Joins Sustainable Apparel Coalition
Xeros has joined the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), an alliance formed to improve supply chain sustainability in the apparel and footwear industries.
The coalition includes more than 100 leading apparel and footwear brands, retailers, manufacturers, government organizations, nonprofits and academic institutions, including Adidas, Burberry, Coca-Cola and Levi’s.
Xeros, which makes an ultra-low-water cleaning system, will contribute data and resources to support the organization’s sustainability assessment tool, the Higg Index. In September SAC selected Schneider Electric to develop a web-based version of the tool, the Higg Index 2.0.
Xeros says, compared to conventional washing machines, its products use more than 70 percent less water, 50 percent less energy and 50 percent less detergent.
Energy Manager News
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter