Xeros Joins Sustainable Apparel Coalition
Xeros has joined the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), an alliance formed to improve supply chain sustainability in the apparel and footwear industries.
The coalition includes more than 100 leading apparel and footwear brands, retailers, manufacturers, government organizations, nonprofits and academic institutions, including Adidas, Burberry, Coca-Cola and Levi’s.
Xeros, which makes an ultra-low-water cleaning system, will contribute data and resources to support the organization’s sustainability assessment tool, the Higg Index. In September SAC selected Schneider Electric to develop a web-based version of the tool, the Higg Index 2.0.
Xeros says, compared to conventional washing machines, its products use more than 70 percent less water, 50 percent less energy and 50 percent less detergent.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned