How to Green Product Manufacturing
Manufacturing can cut CO2 emissions and costs by following five tips on making the product manufacturing process greener, reports Greener Ideal.
- Reduce waste: If possible, choose a material where you can reuse the waste material, either melting it down or using it in another product.
- Reduce product parts: This reduces the carbon footprint, requires less (or zero) adhesive, less manufacturing time and cuts molds required, quantity of materials and means quicker production time.
- Stay in house: Sourcing every part with the same company â€” preferable in the same country â€” reduces productsâ€™ air miles.
- Donâ€™t over order: Overuse of electricity, materials and labor increases manufacturing costs and produces unnecessary carbon emissions.
- Choose recyclable or biodegradable materials: This also gives your product a competitive advantage.
Another way to green manufacturing: paperless manufacturing can improve a companyâ€™s business operations through higher quality, greater responsiveness to change and less waste, according toÂ Tadeusz DyduchÂ senior product manager at Apriso, writing for IndustryWeek.
Image Credit: green industry via Shutterstock
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses