How to Green Product Manufacturing
Manufacturing can cut CO2 emissions and costs by following five tips on making the product manufacturing process greener, reports Greener Ideal.
- Reduce waste: If possible, choose a material where you can reuse the waste material, either melting it down or using it in another product.
- Reduce product parts: This reduces the carbon footprint, requires less (or zero) adhesive, less manufacturing time and cuts molds required, quantity of materials and means quicker production time.
- Stay in house: Sourcing every part with the same company — preferable in the same country — reduces products’ air miles.
- Don’t over order: Overuse of electricity, materials and labor increases manufacturing costs and produces unnecessary carbon emissions.
- Choose recyclable or biodegradable materials: This also gives your product a competitive advantage.
Another way to green manufacturing: paperless manufacturing can improve a company’s business operations through higher quality, greater responsiveness to change and less waste, according to Tadeusz Dyduch senior product manager at Apriso, writing for IndustryWeek.
Image Credit: green industry via Shutterstock
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tarrant County College Opens its $42M Energy Training Center
- The Tie Between Cyber Security and Energy Management
- FuelCell Finalizes DOE Awards
- Connecticut, Michigan Get Big Benefits From Energy Efficiency
- LSIS Unveils FEMS Platform
- Navigant: Industrial Energy Management Systems to Reach $35.6B in 2024
- CAL-ISO Gets FERC Approval for Backstop Capacity Auctions
- Viridian Energy Introduces Minus-5 Rate Plan