UL Acquires Supply Chain Software Firm The Wercs
Underwriters Laboratories (UL) has acquired supply chain software company The Wercs.
The Wercs tools and services help companies handle, store, transport and dispose of products safely and in compliance with global regulations, measure sustainability goals and manage reputational risk. With its proprietary, automated system, The Wercs assists in the transition to new GHS safety data sheet (SDS) requirements. The Wercs tools address thousands of global regulations, numerous regional requirements and are capable of producing documents in more than 45 languages, the company says.
UL says this acquisition will address firms’ growing need for regulatory compliance and accurate measurement of sustainability initiatives, while protecting confidential information.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool