UL Acquires Supply Chain Software Firm The Wercs
Underwriters Laboratories (UL) has acquired supply chain software company The Wercs.
The Wercs tools and services help companies handle, store, transport and dispose of products safely and in compliance with global regulations, measure sustainability goals and manage reputational risk. With its proprietary, automated system, The Wercs assists in the transition to new GHS safety data sheet (SDS) requirements. The Wercs tools address thousands of global regulations, numerous regional requirements and are capable of producing documents in more than 45 languages, the company says.
UL says this acquisition will address firms’ growing need for regulatory compliance and accurate measurement of sustainability initiatives, while protecting confidential information.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland