UL Acquires Supply Chain Software Firm The Wercs
Underwriters Laboratories (UL) has acquired supply chain software company The Wercs.
The Wercs tools and services help companies handle, store, transport and dispose of products safely and in compliance with global regulations, measure sustainability goals and manage reputational risk. With its proprietary, automated system, The Wercs assists in the transition to new GHS safety data sheet (SDS) requirements. The Wercs tools address thousands of global regulations, numerous regional requirements and are capable of producing documents in more than 45 languages, the company says.
UL says this acquisition will address firms’ growing need for regulatory compliance and accurate measurement of sustainability initiatives, while protecting confidential information.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending September 24
- Research Makes Gains on Combined Energy Systems, Heat Exchangers
- School Projects in MA, CO
- Pattern Energy Completes 200 MW Logan’s Gap Wind Facility in Texas
- Marine Corps Upgrading 37 Buildings at Camp Lejeune, N.C.
- Photovoltaic Projects in TN, CT
- California Pushing Solar to Economically Disadvantaged Communities
- QM Power Introduces Efficient Motor