UL Acquires Supply Chain Software Firm The Wercs
Underwriters Laboratories (UL) has acquired supply chain software company The Wercs.
The Wercs tools and services help companies handle, store, transport and dispose of products safely and in compliance with global regulations, measure sustainability goals and manage reputational risk. With its proprietary, automated system, The Wercs assists in the transition to new GHS safety data sheet (SDS) requirements. The Wercs tools address thousands of global regulations, numerous regional requirements and are capable of producing documents in more than 45 languages, the company says.
UL says this acquisition will address firms’ growing need for regulatory compliance and accurate measurement of sustainability initiatives, while protecting confidential information.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform