UL Acquires Supply Chain Software Firm The Wercs
Underwriters Laboratories (UL) has acquired supply chain software company The Wercs.
The Wercs tools and services help companies handle, store, transport and dispose of products safely and in compliance with global regulations, measure sustainability goals and manage reputational risk. With its proprietary, automated system, The Wercs assists in the transition to new GHS safety data sheet (SDS) requirements. The Wercs tools address thousands of global regulations, numerous regional requirements and are capable of producing documents in more than 45 languages, the company says.
UL says this acquisition will address firms’ growing need for regulatory compliance and accurate measurement of sustainability initiatives, while protecting confidential information.
Energy Manager News
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Feb. 5
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate