Are You Throwing Money Out with the Trash?
Less than a third (27.9 percent) of environmental executives say they have visibility into both waste cost and volumes, according to a poll conducted during last week’s waste management webinar, hosted by Environmental Leader with Ecova and Graybar Electric.
About 13 percent of webinar attendees said they collect cost information but not volume, 23 percent said site managers sign contracts and manage cost and volume, and 38 percent they weren’t sure.
While 38 percent of attendees agree a combination of recycling, right-sizing efforts and contract negotiations can generate financial savings (see chart), many don’t know where to start when it comes to an integrated waste management approach.
Learn how in Environmental Leader’s on-demand webinar, “There’s Money in the Trash.” Brad Ouderkirk, director of solutions engineering at Ecova, brings a financial focus to the waste management discussion. And Christopher Laughman, corporate facilities manager at Graybar, explains how the company successfully implemented a landfill diversion program that resulted in 50 percent cost reduction year-over-year.
For more information, speaker bios and to register, click here.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council