Guide Helps Firms Comply with GHG Reporting Requirements
The Climate Disclosure Standards Board (CDSB) today launched a guide to help UK companies comply with greenhouse gas emissions reporting regulations under the recent amendments to the UK Companies Act 2006.
The guide, developed with support from KPMG, also gives firms contextual and other information that explains both the GHG emissions results and how the company is managing risks and opportunities associated with climate change, the CDSB says. It provides additional support for environmental managers, report writers, accountants and other professional service providers when using the CDSB Framework and the CDP climate change information request to comply with the new UK Regulations.
By showing the links between a company’s existing voluntary CDP disclosure and the new requirements of the UK Companies Act, the guide helps companies avoid extra reporting burden and ensure consistency across communications, the CDSB says. It also helps companies make the link between their climate change-related and financial information, providing a comprehensive report in their annual director’s and strategic reports.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls