Guide Helps Firms Comply with GHG Reporting Requirements
The Climate Disclosure Standards Board (CDSB) today launched a guide to help UK companies comply with greenhouse gas emissions reporting regulations under the recent amendments to the UK Companies Act 2006.
The guide, developed with support from KPMG, also gives firms contextual and other information that explains both the GHG emissions results and how the company is managing risks and opportunities associated with climate change, the CDSB says. It provides additional support for environmental managers, report writers, accountants and other professional service providers when using the CDSB Framework and the CDP climate change information request to comply with the new UK Regulations.
By showing the links between a company’s existing voluntary CDP disclosure and the new requirements of the UK Companies Act, the guide helps companies avoid extra reporting burden and ensure consistency across communications, the CDSB says. It also helps companies make the link between their climate change-related and financial information, providing a comprehensive report in their annual director’s and strategic reports.
Energy Manager News
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016