LCA Software Can Help Designers Earn Green Building Credits
The Athena Sustainable Materials Institute has released an update to its life cycle assessment (LCA) software package for North American building designers.
Enhancements and updates in the latest version include:
- New and updated cradle-to-grave North American steel product data;
- New GAF TPO roofing membrane data;
- Supports new user defined concrete mix designs and blended cements;
- Includes latest CORRIM US regional wood product data;
- New Canadian wood products data (LVL, I-joists and CLT);
- Updated end-of-life landfill process data;
- New bio-products carbon accounting scenarios including end-of-life effects;
- Updated metal building systems LCI data and assembly quantity take-offs;
- Full compatibility with the EPA’s TRACI v2.1 characterization method; and
- New software auto update capability.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending September 24
- Research Makes Gains on Combined Energy Systems, Heat Exchangers
- School Projects in MA, CO
- Pattern Energy Completes 200 MW Logan’s Gap Wind Facility in Texas
- Marine Corps Upgrading 37 Buildings at Camp Lejeune, N.C.
- Photovoltaic Projects in TN, CT
- California Pushing Solar to Economically Disadvantaged Communities
- QM Power Introduces Efficient Motor