UK Plastics Recycler Expands, Meets Growing Dairy Industry Needs
The UK-based plastics recycler, which says it was the first to recycle both PET and HDPE plastic bottles into food grade material for new food and drink packaging, says the expansion will double the supply of recycled HDPE to the UK market and make Closed Loop Recycling the biggest recycler of milk bottles in the world.
The expansion will increase capacity at the Dagenham-based plant to 55,000 metric tons annually and divert an additional 30,000 metric tons of carbon emissions in the process. Closed Loop Recycling’s Dagenham plant’s current capacity allows the production of 35,000 metric tons of mixed plastic bottles, producing 11,000 metric tons of rPET and 6,000 metric tons of rHDPE annually.
The recycler says the expansion will bring it closer to its 2020 target of 50 percent recycled material in plastic bottles.
Earlier this year, Ecover and Closed Loop Recycling said they will begin using plastic collected from the seas to create recyclable plastic bottles for the green cleaning product company.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE