UK Plastics Recycler Expands, Meets Growing Dairy Industry Needs
The UK-based plastics recycler, which says it was the first to recycle both PET and HDPE plastic bottles into food grade material for new food and drink packaging, says the expansion will double the supply of recycled HDPE to the UK market and make Closed Loop Recycling the biggest recycler of milk bottles in the world.
The expansion will increase capacity at the Dagenham-based plant to 55,000 metric tons annually and divert an additional 30,000 metric tons of carbon emissions in the process. Closed Loop Recycling’s Dagenham plant’s current capacity allows the production of 35,000 metric tons of mixed plastic bottles, producing 11,000 metric tons of rPET and 6,000 metric tons of rHDPE annually.
The recycler says the expansion will bring it closer to its 2020 target of 50 percent recycled material in plastic bottles.
Earlier this year, Ecover and Closed Loop Recycling said they will begin using plastic collected from the seas to create recyclable plastic bottles for the green cleaning product company.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike