NSF International Acquires Bioensaios
NSF International has acquired Bioensaios Analysis and Environmental Consulting Laboratory for an undisclosed price.
The Porto Alegre, Brazil-based company will become known as NSF Bioensaios, the standards, testing and sustainability certification organization says.
Bioensaios is an analytical laboratory that provides GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) studies and specialized testing services, including ecotoxicity, for a range of domestic and international companies as well as government agencies serving the water, food and agribusiness industries. NSF International clients now have access to NSF Bioensaios’ full set of services, including environmental evaluations for freshwater, seawater, effluent, soil and sediment; valuation reports on drinking water, food and feed safety; and OECD-GLP studies for chemical products, drugs, materials and components.
The acquisition complements NSF International’s existing operations in Peru, Chile, Brazil, Mexico and Costa Rica, and its recent acquisition of the INASSA Group, a Peruvian company that performs testing for the water, seafood, pharmaceutical and mining industries.
Last week, NSF and six other sustainability assessment companies partnered with the Health Product Declaration Collaborative to develop an official protocol for third-party verification of Health Product Declarations (HPDs).
Energy Manager News
- Six Critical Tips to Transform Your Organization’s Energy Management
- Supreme Court to Review Demand Response Decision
- Dartmouth Upgrades Field House Lighting with Digital Lumens
- Tesla Needs More Partnerships for Powerwall Success, Says Lux
- College Installs 2.5 MW of Solar
- Gexpro, Geli, Ideal Power, LG Chem Join for Battery Energy Storage
- LEDs Facilitate Retail Shopping Applications
- The Hidden Pitfalls of Natural Gas Cost Savings