NSF International Acquires Bioensaios
NSF International has acquired Bioensaios Analysis and Environmental Consulting Laboratory for an undisclosed price.
The Porto Alegre, Brazil-based company will become known as NSF Bioensaios, the standards, testing and sustainability certification organization says.
Bioensaios is an analytical laboratory that provides GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) studies and specialized testing services, including ecotoxicity, for a range of domestic and international companies as well as government agencies serving the water, food and agribusiness industries. NSF International clients now have access to NSF Bioensaios’ full set of services, including environmental evaluations for freshwater, seawater, effluent, soil and sediment; valuation reports on drinking water, food and feed safety; and OECD-GLP studies for chemical products, drugs, materials and components.
The acquisition complements NSF International’s existing operations in Peru, Chile, Brazil, Mexico and Costa Rica, and its recent acquisition of the INASSA Group, a Peruvian company that performs testing for the water, seafood, pharmaceutical and mining industries.
Last week, NSF and six other sustainability assessment companies partnered with the Health Product Declaration Collaborative to develop an official protocol for third-party verification of Health Product Declarations (HPDs).
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners