Waste Tire Recycling Facility Moves Forward
Environmental Waste International (EWS) says it has completed a continuous four-day (100-hour) run of its TR-900 waste tire recycling facility in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
This doubles the previous record announced in June.
The company says this four-day run is a milestone toward continuous 24/7 operation of its waste tire recycling facility and confirms the technical improvements, which will be in place for EWS’s first commercial plant. Sale and construction of a commercial facility is the next step, CEO Dr. Daniel Kaute says.
Last year, Hertz and Liberty Tire Recycling launched what they called the first nationwide tire recycling program in the US car rental industry.
Hertz says the program also makes it the first to commit to zero landfill waste for tires.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls