Waste Tire Recycling Facility Moves Forward
Environmental Waste International (EWS) says it has completed a continuous four-day (100-hour) run of its TR-900 waste tire recycling facility in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
This doubles the previous record announced in June.
The company says this four-day run is a milestone toward continuous 24/7 operation of its waste tire recycling facility and confirms the technical improvements, which will be in place for EWS’s first commercial plant. Sale and construction of a commercial facility is the next step, CEO Dr. Daniel Kaute says.
Last year, Hertz and Liberty Tire Recycling launched what they called the first nationwide tire recycling program in the US car rental industry.
Hertz says the program also makes it the first to commit to zero landfill waste for tires.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike