Waste Tire Recycling Facility Moves Forward
Environmental Waste International (EWS) says it has completed a continuous four-day (100-hour) run of its TR-900 waste tire recycling facility in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
This doubles the previous record announced in June.
The company says this four-day run is a milestone toward continuous 24/7 operation of its waste tire recycling facility and confirms the technical improvements, which will be in place for EWS’s first commercial plant. Sale and construction of a commercial facility is the next step, CEO Dr. Daniel Kaute says.
Last year, Hertz and Liberty Tire Recycling launched what they called the first nationwide tire recycling program in the US car rental industry.
Hertz says the program also makes it the first to commit to zero landfill waste for tires.
Energy Manager News
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of ‘Instant Connect’ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along