Waste Tire Recycling Facility Moves Forward
Environmental Waste International (EWS) says it has completed a continuous four-day (100-hour) run of its TR-900 waste tire recycling facility in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
This doubles the previous record announced in June.
The company says this four-day run is a milestone toward continuous 24/7 operation of its waste tire recycling facility and confirms the technical improvements, which will be in place for EWS’s first commercial plant. Sale and construction of a commercial facility is the next step, CEO Dr. Daniel Kaute says.
Last year, Hertz and Liberty Tire Recycling launched what they called the first nationwide tire recycling program in the US car rental industry.
Hertz says the program also makes it the first to commit to zero landfill waste for tires.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array