Waste Tire Recycling Facility Moves Forward
Environmental Waste International (EWS) says it has completed a continuous four-day (100-hour) run of its TR-900 waste tire recycling facility in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
This doubles the previous record announced in June.
The company says this four-day run is a milestone toward continuous 24/7 operation of its waste tire recycling facility and confirms the technical improvements, which will be in place for EWS’s first commercial plant. Sale and construction of a commercial facility is the next step, CEO Dr. Daniel Kaute says.
Last year, Hertz and Liberty Tire Recycling launched what they called the first nationwide tire recycling program in the US car rental industry.
Hertz says the program also makes it the first to commit to zero landfill waste for tires.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- OATI Taps EnSync for Planned Microgrid
- Lime Energy to Provide Clean Energy Tech to 100K Small Businesses
- Celtic Bank Backs Solar to the Tune of $43 Million
- GE, Coachella Energy Building a Big Lithium-Ion Battery
- The Importance of Energy Storage System Software
- Duke Increasines Chiller Efficiency
- Pepco-Exelon Merger Rejected
- Energy Savings a Key to Calgary Building Redevelopment