Staples Launches Online Ink and Toner Recycling
Staples has launched an online ink and toner recycling program, an expansion of the existing in-store program, the company says.
The online program enables Staples Rewards members to recycle empty ink and toner cartridges by printing a pre-paid shipping label to send their cartridges in for recycling and receive $2 back in Staples Rewards for each one.
Earlier this year, Staples announced that it has recycled 350 million ink and toner cartridges since 2005, averaging more than 60 million cartridges per year in the past three years. Through the cartridge recycling program, Staples has recycled 182 million pounds of plastics and metals.
Staples’ in-store electronics recycling program has a goal of recycling 40 million pounds of e-waste globally each year by 2020. Since 2007, Staples has recycled 64 million pounds of electronic waste, the company says. Staples received the highest grade in the Electronics Takeback Coalition’s Retail Recycling Report Card.
Staples says it is also the only national retailer that is an e-Stewards Enterprise, meaning that it has committed to using e-Stewards certified recyclers for all of their electronic waste.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight