Staples Launches Online Ink and Toner Recycling
Staples has launched an online ink and toner recycling program, an expansion of the existing in-store program, the company says.
The online program enables Staples Rewards members to recycle empty ink and toner cartridges by printing a pre-paid shipping label to send their cartridges in for recycling and receive $2 back in Staples Rewards for each one.
Earlier this year, Staples announced that it has recycled 350 million ink and toner cartridges since 2005, averaging more than 60 million cartridges per year in the past three years. Through the cartridge recycling program, Staples has recycled 182 million pounds of plastics and metals.
Staples’ in-store electronics recycling program has a goal of recycling 40 million pounds of e-waste globally each year by 2020. Since 2007, Staples has recycled 64 million pounds of electronic waste, the company says. Staples received the highest grade in the Electronics Takeback Coalition’s Retail Recycling Report Card.
Staples says it is also the only national retailer that is an e-Stewards Enterprise, meaning that it has committed to using e-Stewards certified recyclers for all of their electronic waste.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE