RGGI Carbon Auction Raises $114.9 Million
The 22nd RGGI auction, held Dec. 4, sold out of carbon allowances, selling some 38.3 million CO2 allowances at a clearing price of $3. Bids for the CO2 allowances ranged from $1.98 to $12 per allowance.
The participating states will use the money generated to reinvest in energy efficiency, renewable energy and greenhouse gas emissions abatement programs.
According to the independent market monitor’s report, electricity generators and their corporate affiliates have won 81 percent of CO2 allowances sold in RGGI auctions since 2008.
The nine RGGI states last week submitted comments recommending that the EPA use RGGI as a guide for upcoming national carbon reduction guidelines for existing power plants.
Energy Manager News
- Apple, Google, Facebook Throw Weight Around in NC Energy Policy
- 2015 Green Lease Leaders include Landlords, Tenants, Brokers
- Disney World Builds Mickey Mouse-Shaped 5 MW Solar System
- Ohio Businesses Encouraged to Use Cogged V-Belts
- Renewables Share of US Energy Consumption Highest Since 1930s
- ZBB Unveils EMS for C&I Buildings
- Levi Strauss, Gap, Autodesk Support California Clean Energy Bill
- New Hydro-Quebec Data Center to Use Free Cooling