RGGI Carbon Auction Raises $114.9 Million
The 22nd RGGI auction, held Dec. 4, sold out of carbon allowances, selling some 38.3 million CO2 allowances at a clearing price of $3. Bids for the CO2 allowances ranged from $1.98 to $12 per allowance.
The participating states will use the money generated to reinvest in energy efficiency, renewable energy and greenhouse gas emissions abatement programs.
According to the independent market monitor’s report, electricity generators and their corporate affiliates have won 81 percent of CO2 allowances sold in RGGI auctions since 2008.
The nine RGGI states last week submitted comments recommending that the EPA use RGGI as a guide for upcoming national carbon reduction guidelines for existing power plants.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency and Leased Spaces
- NorthStar ACE Protects Telecom Backups
- Georgia Marine Base Will Be Net Zero
- 77 Maryland Families Evicted After Condo Association Defaults on Utility Bills
- C&I Ratepayers Are Driving Green Tariff Development in Regulated Markets
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit