RGGI Carbon Auction Raises $114.9 Million
The 22nd RGGI auction, held Dec. 4, sold out of carbon allowances, selling some 38.3 million CO2 allowances at a clearing price of $3. Bids for the CO2 allowances ranged from $1.98 to $12 per allowance.
The participating states will use the money generated to reinvest in energy efficiency, renewable energy and greenhouse gas emissions abatement programs.
According to the independent market monitor’s report, electricity generators and their corporate affiliates have won 81 percent of CO2 allowances sold in RGGI auctions since 2008.
The nine RGGI states last week submitted comments recommending that the EPA use RGGI as a guide for upcoming national carbon reduction guidelines for existing power plants.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending September 24
- Research Makes Gains on Combined Energy Systems, Heat Exchangers
- School Projects in MA, CO
- Pattern Energy Completes 200 MW Logan’s Gap Wind Facility in Texas
- Marine Corps Upgrading 37 Buildings at Camp Lejeune, N.C.
- Photovoltaic Projects in TN, CT
- California Pushing Solar to Economically Disadvantaged Communities
- QM Power Introduces Efficient Motor