Coke Expands Hybrid Fleet
The updated vans will be traversing roads across the country by year’s end, the beverage giant says.
Coca-Cola says it currently operates the largest heavy-duty hybrid electric delivery fleet in North America.
Early test results of this hybrid technology show a 15 to 20 percent fuel reduction compared to the company’s conventional vans. Coke expects the 100 new hybrid vans to eliminate about 4,000 total tons of CO2 emissions that conventional vans would produce over their 10-year life span.
As a result of the low maintenance and fuel savings, the powertrain unit pays for itself three times over its life span.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report