Coke Expands Hybrid Fleet
The updated vans will be traversing roads across the country by year’s end, the beverage giant says.
Coca-Cola says it currently operates the largest heavy-duty hybrid electric delivery fleet in North America.
Early test results of this hybrid technology show a 15 to 20 percent fuel reduction compared to the company’s conventional vans. Coke expects the 100 new hybrid vans to eliminate about 4,000 total tons of CO2 emissions that conventional vans would produce over their 10-year life span.
As a result of the low maintenance and fuel savings, the powertrain unit pays for itself three times over its life span.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland