Coke Expands Hybrid Fleet
The updated vans will be traversing roads across the country by year’s end, the beverage giant says.
Coca-Cola says it currently operates the largest heavy-duty hybrid electric delivery fleet in North America.
Early test results of this hybrid technology show a 15 to 20 percent fuel reduction compared to the company’s conventional vans. Coke expects the 100 new hybrid vans to eliminate about 4,000 total tons of CO2 emissions that conventional vans would produce over their 10-year life span.
As a result of the low maintenance and fuel savings, the powertrain unit pays for itself three times over its life span.
Energy Manager News
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy to Launch Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger