Coke Expands Hybrid Fleet
The updated vans will be traversing roads across the country by year’s end, the beverage giant says.
Coca-Cola says it currently operates the largest heavy-duty hybrid electric delivery fleet in North America.
Early test results of this hybrid technology show a 15 to 20 percent fuel reduction compared to the company’s conventional vans. Coke expects the 100 new hybrid vans to eliminate about 4,000 total tons of CO2 emissions that conventional vans would produce over their 10-year life span.
As a result of the low maintenance and fuel savings, the powertrain unit pays for itself three times over its life span.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management