Coke Expands Hybrid Fleet
The updated vans will be traversing roads across the country by year’s end, the beverage giant says.
Coca-Cola says it currently operates the largest heavy-duty hybrid electric delivery fleet in North America.
Early test results of this hybrid technology show a 15 to 20 percent fuel reduction compared to the company’s conventional vans. Coke expects the 100 new hybrid vans to eliminate about 4,000 total tons of CO2 emissions that conventional vans would produce over their 10-year life span.
As a result of the low maintenance and fuel savings, the powertrain unit pays for itself three times over its life span.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls