Environmental Executive Moves: GRI, Cardno, City of Palo Alto
Global Reporting Initiative: The sustainability reporting organization has named Bastian Buck director, sustainability reporting standard. Buck has worked for GRI in other capacities for more than seven years.
Cardno: The engineering and environmental consulting firm has appointed Todd Williams as its executive vice president of strategy and development and Chip Blankenhorn as its executive vice president of the natural resources management and health sciences division. Both men have been with Cardno in some capacity for a number of years. Williams previously held the position that Blankenhorn is taking on.
Convington and Burling: The law firm has appointed Gary Guzy to handle its environmental and clean energy issues in regards to public policy. Guzy joins the firm from his post as deputy director of the the White House’s Council on Environmental Quality. In other White House-related moves Nancy Sutley, who also worked for the Council on Environmental Quality, has announced plans to resign her post as chair.
City of Palo Alto: The Bay Area municipality has named Gil Philip Friend as its first ever chief sustainability officer. Friend, who will be paid $153,000 a year, is the founder of Berkeley, Calif.,-based green consultancy Natural Logic.
Keep America Beautiful: The recycling nonprofit has appointed Jennifer Jehn as its new president and CEO, beginning in January. Most recently, Jehn held several leadership positions within Dow Jones & Company, including serving as head of consumer sales and circulation marketing.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend