KB Home, Eden Housing Among Green Building Award Winners
KB Home has the highest volume of GreenPoint Rated projects — more than 1,000 in the pipeline, 600 of which are slated for 2014 — and for this has won Community Builder of the Year, one of seven GreenPoint Rated awards for 2013.
The nonprofit Build It Green says it selected each award winner for leadership in residential green building in California. All of the winners use Build It Green’s GreenPoint Rated system, which rates homes on energy efficiency, resource conservation, indoor air quality, water conservation and community benefits.
Eden Housing won Affordable Builder of the Year for its new and rehabilitated high-efficiency multifamily buildings. Over time its GreenPoint Rated scores have improved to consistently achieve more than 100 points, with a recent high score of 180 points, Build it Green Says.
Other award winners are:
- Visionary Builder of the Year: Southern California Edison/ABC Green Home Builders
- Custom Builder of the Year: Joe LoConte — Olivewood Builder/Green Building Specialists
- Green Building Leader in the Public Sector: City of Palo Alto
- Home Performance Contractor of the Year: Building Doctors
- GreenPoint Rater of the Year: DuctTesters
Energy Manager News
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains