Caesars First US Firm to Follow G4 CORE Guidelines, Receive GRI Materiality Matters Check
Caesars Entertainment‚Äôs sustainability report is the first report from a US company to be written in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative‚Äôs G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines CORE level.
According to the casino-entertainment company‚Äôs fourth sustainability report, Caesar‚Äôs achieved a total savings of approximately 750 million kWh since its benchmark year in 2007, representing an 8.5 percent absolute reduction in electricity and gas. It also diverted 24 percent of its waste from landfill, measured for the first time.
The company has set a goal to send at least half of its waste to someplace other than a landfill by 2020 and is launching a pilot program to send cigarette butts to a recycler that will use the leftover tobacco and the plastic in the filters.
Photo Credit: Mike Fielding via Flickr
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations
- ASHRAE Proposes ‚ÄúBackbone‚ÄĚ for Building Rating Programs
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University‚Äôs Microgrid