Caesars First US Firm to Follow G4 CORE Guidelines, Receive GRI Materiality Matters Check
Caesars Entertainmentâs sustainability report is the first report from a US company to be written in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiativeâs G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines CORE level.
According to the casino-entertainment companyâs fourth sustainability report, Caesarâs achieved a total savings of approximately 750 million kWh since its benchmark year in 2007, representing an 8.5 percent absolute reduction in electricity and gas. It also diverted 24 percent of its waste from landfill, measured for the first time.
The company has set a goal to send at least half of its waste to someplace other than a landfill by 2020 and is launching a pilot program to send cigarette butts to a recycler that will use the leftover tobacco and the plastic in the filters.
Photo Credit: Mike Fielding via Flickr
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- âBetter Buildings, Better Plantsâ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV