Caesars First US Firm to Follow G4 CORE Guidelines, Receive GRI Materiality Matters Check
Caesars Entertainmentâ€™s sustainability report is the first report from a US company to be written in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiativeâ€™s G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines CORE level.
According to the casino-entertainment companyâ€™s fourth sustainability report, Caesarâ€™s achieved a total savings of approximately 750 million kWh since its benchmark year in 2007, representing an 8.5 percent absolute reduction in electricity and gas. It also diverted 24 percent of its waste from landfill, measured for the first time.
The company has set a goal to send at least half of its waste to someplace other than a landfill by 2020 and is launching a pilot program to send cigarette butts to a recycler that will use the leftover tobacco and the plastic in the filters.
Photo Credit: Mike Fielding via Flickr
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electricâ€™s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves