Caesars First US Firm to Follow G4 CORE Guidelines, Receive GRI Materiality Matters Check
Caesars Entertainment‚Äôs sustainability report is the first report from a US company to be written in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative‚Äôs G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines CORE level.
According to the casino-entertainment company‚Äôs fourth sustainability report, Caesar‚Äôs achieved a total savings of approximately 750 million kWh since its benchmark year in 2007, representing an 8.5 percent absolute reduction in electricity and gas. It also diverted 24 percent of its waste from landfill, measured for the first time.
The company has set a goal to send at least half of its waste to someplace other than a landfill by 2020 and is launching a pilot program to send cigarette butts to a recycler that will use the leftover tobacco and the plastic in the filters.
Photo Credit: Mike Fielding via Flickr
Energy Manager News
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course
- AEEE: Efficiency as a Resource is a Winner
- Chicago Cubs‚Äô Wrigley Field to be Powered by Commercial Retailer ENGIE Resources
- Who Should Pay for a Utility‚Äôs Bad Business Decisions ‚Äď Owners or Customers?
- Major Industries Could Be Moved By High Rates To Leave Wisconsin
- The World is About to See Whether Apple‚Äôs Solar Investment Pays Off
- BREEAM USA Takes Aim at In-Use Structures
- Unity College Gets Grant for Greenhouses