Ecodesk, AIOE Ink Supply Chain Sustainability Deal
Brands such as Cadbury, Coca-Cola, Kellogg’s and Kraft Foods will soon be encouraged by their member organization Alliance for Innovation & Operational Excellence (AIOE) to get their suppliers openly reporting sustainability data to Ecodesk, according to a deal between AIOE and Ecodesk.
The two organizations have partnered to promote open sustainability reporting to encourage greater supply chain transparency in the retail and fast-moving consumer goods sectors.
According to AIOE managing director Stephen C. Schlegel, the partnership agreement will give AIOE members a better way to communicate their sustainability efforts to customers, and will give customers enhanced oversight over their supply chains.
PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, founded AIOE in 2011 to create a forum where original equipment manufacturers, other suppliers and consumer packaged goods companies could collaborate to develop supply chain best practices. AIOE’s more than 100 members include ConAgra, Del Monte Foods, PepsiCo, Smithfield Foods, Sunny Delight, Snyder’s Lance and Land O’Lakes.
Ecodesk allows users to search, analyze and compare suppliers using what it says is the largest sustainability database worldwide.
Earlier this year pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline, Del Monte Foods and MGM Resorts were among some 25 organizations that joined Ecodesk’s campaign to improve supply chain efficiency and transparency, and make it easier for businesses to measure scope 3 emissions.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments