Stantec Acquires Two Firms, Expands Environmental Services
North American design firm Stantec is expanding its environmental services with two acquisitions: Virginia-based Williamsburg Environmental Group and British Columbia’s Cambria Gordon.
Williamsburg Environmental Group is a 115-person environmental consulting and engineering firm with additional offices in Richmond, Glen Allen and Fredericksburg, Virginia. The company provides specialized services in ecology, environmental restoration, water resources and regulatory support for public and private clients in the power, transportation and energy and resources sectors. The acquisition is expected to be final by the end of 2013.
The 25-person team at Cambria Gordon provides a range of environmental consulting services to industry, First Nations and all levels of government. The acquisition closed at the end of November.
With these new additions, Stantec’s team now has more than 3,000 environmental consulting professionals company-wide.
A Verdantix report published in 2010 said Stantec and five other firms — CH2M Hill, AECOM, AMEC, SAIC and URS — lead the US sustainable engineering market.
Energy Manager News
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida