Stantec Acquires Two Firms, Expands Environmental Services
North American design firm Stantec is expanding its environmental services with two acquisitions: Virginia-based Williamsburg Environmental Group and British Columbia’s Cambria Gordon.
Williamsburg Environmental Group is a 115-person environmental consulting and engineering firm with additional offices in Richmond, Glen Allen and Fredericksburg, Virginia. The company provides specialized services in ecology, environmental restoration, water resources and regulatory support for public and private clients in the power, transportation and energy and resources sectors. The acquisition is expected to be final by the end of 2013.
The 25-person team at Cambria Gordon provides a range of environmental consulting services to industry, First Nations and all levels of government. The acquisition closed at the end of November.
With these new additions, Stantec’s team now has more than 3,000 environmental consulting professionals company-wide.
A Verdantix report published in 2010 said Stantec and five other firms — CH2M Hill, AECOM, AMEC, SAIC and URS — lead the US sustainable engineering market.
Energy Manager News
- New York Solar Installations Soar 300%
- Tiny, Solar-Powered Circuit Is 80% Efficient
- California Grid to Maintain Reliability Despite Drought
- Largest Solar Project Installed on Closed Landfill Under Consideration
- TerraForm Buys 930 MW Wind Portfolio for $2B
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M