Stantec Acquires Two Firms, Expands Environmental Services
North American design firm Stantec is expanding its environmental services with two acquisitions: Virginia-based Williamsburg Environmental Group and British Columbia’s Cambria Gordon.
Williamsburg Environmental Group is a 115-person environmental consulting and engineering firm with additional offices in Richmond, Glen Allen and Fredericksburg, Virginia. The company provides specialized services in ecology, environmental restoration, water resources and regulatory support for public and private clients in the power, transportation and energy and resources sectors. The acquisition is expected to be final by the end of 2013.
The 25-person team at Cambria Gordon provides a range of environmental consulting services to industry, First Nations and all levels of government. The acquisition closed at the end of November.
With these new additions, Stantec’s team now has more than 3,000 environmental consulting professionals company-wide.
A Verdantix report published in 2010 said Stantec and five other firms — CH2M Hill, AECOM, AMEC, SAIC and URS — lead the US sustainable engineering market.
Energy Manager News
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016
- CAL-ISO Study: Regional Energy Market Could Yield $1.5B in Savings Annually to Ratepayers
- Sands to Stay, But MGM and Wynn Still Plan to Leave NV Energy
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action