Stantec Acquires Two Firms, Expands Environmental Services
North American design firm Stantec is expanding its environmental services with two acquisitions: Virginia-based Williamsburg Environmental Group and British Columbia’s Cambria Gordon.
Williamsburg Environmental Group is a 115-person environmental consulting and engineering firm with additional offices in Richmond, Glen Allen and Fredericksburg, Virginia. The company provides specialized services in ecology, environmental restoration, water resources and regulatory support for public and private clients in the power, transportation and energy and resources sectors. The acquisition is expected to be final by the end of 2013.
The 25-person team at Cambria Gordon provides a range of environmental consulting services to industry, First Nations and all levels of government. The acquisition closed at the end of November.
With these new additions, Stantec’s team now has more than 3,000 environmental consulting professionals company-wide.
A Verdantix report published in 2010 said Stantec and five other firms — CH2M Hill, AECOM, AMEC, SAIC and URS — lead the US sustainable engineering market.
Energy Manager News
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation
- FirstEnergy Ohio Seeks Changes to Rate Plan to Ensure Price Stability for Customers
- Utility Data Aggregation: How to Take the Best Approach
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- SunPower and the Army Work on Solar Project in Alabama
- Climate and Energy Policies Working